Dear Church Body,
We are excited to announce the re-opening of our body for corporate worship beginning this coming Sunday! We see the coming weeks and months as a general transition which will be somewhat fluid and may change from week to week as we work through this adjustment. But we are overjoyed with the thought of our hearts and voices uniting once again to join in worship before our King! Praise the Lord!
While we are re-opening the church for a return to our regular Sunday Morning service, we understand that not everyone is ready to return. That’s OK. If you have underlying health issues or care for someone with underlying health issues, we encourage you to stay home for several more weeks until the current outbreak recedes. If you are not comfortable because of your current situation or understanding of the current outbreak, please feel free to stay home and watch the live stream service. In fact, as we transition it will likely be easier to adjust if we have fewer attendees on the first Sunday or two. So if you are on the fence about being ready, or have any doubts, we encourage you to stay at home until you are ready. For those ready to return, please come and join us. This is a transition time that will look different for every family. The service will continue to be streamed for those who wish to remain at home.
Through resources provided by state and federal government resources and through prayer, we have put together some guidelines. These will likely be tweaked over the coming weeks as we begin to transition back. We welcome your thoughts, questions, or concerns related to these guidelines or any other issues.
Our general guidelines to begin our transition back together are:
- We will follow the general guideline of six feet between families during the service. Every other row of chairs will be removed to increase space.
- Parents please be mindful of your children as we work to maintain this guideline.
- We will not be staffing the nursery during this transition time, but it will be open to any parents that need to use it.
- We will try to keep doors propped open to minimize surfaces being touched.
- The offering plates will not be passed. We will have the offering plates on a table in the back of the sanctuary.
- The church building will be cleaned before and after the service.
- The church service will continue to be lived streamed for those not attending.
- Masks will be optional. We are leaving it up to each family to determine their need for masks.
- Sunday School will not re-open yet. We will wait on that for now while we work through opening for Sunday morning worship. Wednesday night youth will be resuming in-person meetings on Wednesday, June 3rd and will meet at the church building. More details will be emailed out soon.
- Be mindful that others may feel less comfortable than you do. Be respectful of other’s concerns and personal space.
Other items to be mindful of as we continue to move forward:
- If anyone in your home tested positive for Covid-19 do not attend for 14 days after family member has ceased showing symptoms or you have been tested negative yourself.
- Maintain physical distancing as we are still in a pandemic.
- If anyone in your home is showing symptoms of Covid-19 do not attend.
- If anyone in your home has been or is scheduled to be tested for Covid-19 do not attend.
- If you have been exposed to Covid-19 within the last 14 days do not attend.
In closing, we again want to re-iterate that it’s OK to not be ready to attend the Sunday morning service. It’s OK to stay home and watch the live-stream. It is not more spiritual to attend the service vs. staying at home. We encourage each person and each family to follow their convictions with regard to this.
We also want to re-iterate our love for the body and our desire to serve you during this time. If there is anything you need, any questions you have, any concerns that come to mind, please reach out to us.
Thankful for the body,
The Elders – Pastor Dave, Scott, Layne, Brett, and Russ